CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Caramel Apple Trifle

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a recipe for caramel apple trifle.  I liked the overall idea for the trifle, but I needed to tweak a few things.

Pictured below are all of the ingredients for my trifle:
* Homemade spiced apples - using 4 Granny Smith apples
* Baked spice cake - I used about 2/3 of the 9x13-inch cake
* Whipped topping
* Homemade caramel
* Pudding - I followed the directions on a 3.3-ounce package of vanilla pudding, plus I added 1/2 cup of the homemade caramel
* Toffee bits
The layers went as follows . . .
- Cut-up cake
- Pudding
- Caramel
- Toffee bits
- Whipped topping
The verdict?  Delicious!  Well, three of us thought it was delicious.....Julia just wanted to eat the leftover (plain) spice cake.

0 comments: