CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cracker Barrel Fair

A couple of days ago, we girls drove by an area where it looked like a fair was being set up.  I kept my eyes and ears open to see what was going on...turns out there's a fair this weekend, only five minutes from our house.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous this afternoon, so we headed over to the fair for a couple of hours of fun.  After buying a sheet of tickets, we set off in search of the best rides.

Evelyn's first pick was this swing ride - she loved how high it went.  She said it was like she was flying through the air.
 She and Julia can't walk by a merry-go-round without asking to ride it, and this one was no exception.  It was a bit on the slow side, but the girls still enjoyed it.
 When the girls requested going down the BIG slide, I had to join them.  It was so fun!  Evelyn was the first one down, but Julia slid the farthest when all was said and done.
 Julia's 46 inches allowed her on most of the rides she wanted to go on...including riding the ferris wheel with me.
 Speaking of the ferris wheel, here's Evelyn at the very top.  At first the girls were freaked out by how high it went, but then they got used to it and really enjoyed the ride.
 A quick shot of the sweet sisters.
 Julia wanted to ride the speed boats, which Evelyn wasn't really interested in.  (Instead she and Troy went on the Viking dragon-boat ride...a little more thrills than what Julia was looking for.)
 For their last ride, the girls wanted to go on the Hang Glider.  The minimum height is 48 inches, but the guy let Julia ride it anyway.  And then he offered to let me ride with the girls...for free.  I totally took him up on it.  This ride seemed to last forever, and I was pretty dizzy when I got off.  It took me a little while to get my bearings!
 Our last stop?  Fried dough with LOTS of powdered sugar.  We wisely decided to eat greasy food after going on the (mostly circular) rides.  All in all, we had a blast and will look forward to returning to this fair next September.

1 comments:

k. said...

I can't wait to got to THE State Fair. I want to ride the feris wheel.