CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2015

Broken Pinky Toe

Last weekend, there was a crazy incident between the girls where Evelyn significantly bumped her toe.  We put some ice on it and told her to shake it off.  Evelyn was still complaining about her toe yesterday morning, so I made an appointment to see her pediatrician this afternoon - I figured something must be going on if it was still hurting.

Yup.  Evelyn broke her pinky toe.  She should have been resting it all this past week so it could start healing (i.e., not going to ballet and gym class).  From here on out we will do our best to promote healing - "buddy taping" it every day and no ballet or gym class for two weeks.  The lesson I learned is, whenever Evelyn thinks she has injured her foot or a toe, I need to have it looked at.  Even a small injury can turn into a big deal - to my dancer - if not treated.

0 comments: