CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2015

New Camera and Birds

Just over a week ago, I got a new camera.  This guy is an upgraded version of what I previously had, so some things were similar, and some things were improved (like the zoom).  Over the past nine days, I have been experimenting with taking pictures of birds in our back yard, and I am really pleased with the results.
 Here's a shy brown creeper, who only comes to our feeders when there's snow on the ground.
 This is a little downy woodpecker.
 Moments before I took the picture below, there were actually two red-tailed hawks sitting in the tree.  That's unusual - there's normally just one hawk hanging around at a time.
 I like how this little junco has snow around its beak.
 The zoom let me capture the chickadee with its mouth full of a safflower seed.
 Here's a nuthatch, in a popular pose.
 Okay, I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute little red squirrel.  Clearly it was looking for some buried treasure.
 When the ground is covered with snow, song sparrows come to feeders for seeds.
 This little titmouse is about ready to take flight with its prized seed.
 A sign that Spring is around the corner:  the male goldfinches are started to grow their summer feathers (finally!).

0 comments: