CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 26, 2011

National Pancake Day

I wasn't sure what to make for supper tonight. At about 5:00 p.m., I found out it was National Pancake Day. Then I came across a new recipe for buttermilk pancakes. The answer to my dinner dilemma was clear: pancakes.


Dry Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Wet Ingredients:
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
We now pause for sous-chef identification...brought to you by Julia!
Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients, but don't over-mix. Be sure there are still some lumps in the batter. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
Finally, start cooking your pancakes. I like to use my electric skillet for pancakes, and I had the temperature set to 350 degrees. We girls thought the pancakes were great. However, Troy prefers fluffy pancakes, and these were too flat for him. So we decided to compromise by taking turns between making this new recipe and the old recipe.

0 comments: