CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 1, 2013

HOT Zoo Day

My parents are visiting for the weekend, and one of their must-see places was the National Zoo.  Today's forecast was sunny, hot and humid.  That didn't deter us from going to the zoo, but it meant we had to go right away in the morning before it got too hot.
 I'm always taking pictures of cats (one of my favorite zoo animals), so I thought I'd mix it up a bit this time and get pictures of other critters.  Evelyn loved listening to the bullfrogs singing in their pond.
 If the girls are cuddled next to a stuffed panda bear, that can only mean we are close to...
 ...the real panda bear!  We saw this one munching on loads of bamboo.  We also saw the other panda, which was actually walking around, but he disappeared before I could take a picture.
My parents and I had a good laugh because this 60-year-old elephant was the same one they saw when they came to this zoo back in the 1960's.
The reward for being such good troopers at the zoo on a hot and muggy day?  Potbelly sandwiches and lemonade.  Yum!

0 comments: