CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Raggedy Ann Costume - Part I

For several weeks, I have been thinking about what Julia's Halloween costume should be, and nothing was coming to me. Evelyn wanted Julia to be a fairy, but I couldn't find any costumes that looked comfortable. Like Evelyn, Julia will attend three separate Halloween parties this month, and it is absolutely essential that Julia's costume is wearable. I had almost given up on a costume for her, conceding defeat to Julia's festive Halloween shirt.

Then I had an epiphany. She has red hair, so if she dresses up as Raggedy Ann, a wig wouldn't be necessary. Since Julia wears shirts or dresses with pants/leggings all the time, a costume with a dress and pants should fit the bill with comfort. I found a toddler's size pattern at the closest Joann's Fabric store, picked up the needed material, and now we can get Julia all dolled up for Halloween.
This is it for Julia's costume - the dress will be blue flower material, and both the pinafore and pants will be white. Elastic bands around the waist, ankles and wrists. A tie in the back of the pinafore. Only a hook-and-eye closure for the dress (not even a zipper!). Knock on wood, but this should be a quick and easy costume to sew. And it's very practical for a toddler.

0 comments: