CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 25, 2014

Dress Progress

I can't help thinking about the history behind the sewing pattern for Evelyn's party dress.  And then that gets me to thinking about how my work area looks so much different than someone's sewing set-up 80 years ago.  The table is a conglomerate of old and new.  The pattern is from the 1930's, the sewing machine is from the 1990's, the material and music (Pandora on my smartphone) is from the year 2014.
 The doll's dress that is my inspiration has piping details here and there.  Evelyn chose a color of piping, and I figured out a way to add piping to the collar and sleeve cuffs of her dress.  I may be having problems figuring out the blouse's button placket, but I know how to add piping detail!

0 comments: