CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 18, 2014

Let's Begin Evelyn's 1930's Party Dress

Kit, Evelyn's 1930's doll, had a birthday dress made for her out of feedsack material.  Here is a picture of Kit's birthday dress (aka my inspiration for Evelyn's dress): 
Evelyn and I chose material that came as close to Kit's dress as possible.  After washing the fabric (aka pre-shrinking the fabric), I ironed it.  And then I had to piece together the puzzle.
My 1930's pattern directions offered a suggestion for laying out the pattern pieces, but I had to make some modifications.  And Rosie had to supervise.
After cutting out all of the pieces, I only had a smidgen of material left.  It was really close.  Actually, if I weren't making the collar and sleeve cuffs a contrasting color (which is not pictured), I would have run out of material.

0 comments: